Monday, March 16, 2009

I burned the crap out of finger today. I was making myself a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, and I became obsessed with centering the cheese perfectly on the bread. In my quest for the ideal bread/cheese ratio, I rested my knuckle on the edge of the smokin' hot pan. Not my best moment. Now I'm nursing a blister, and eating a burnt sandwich-- the blister tending made me neglect my sandwich. I feel this is sort of how I'm living these days. Things are neglected. Mostly me. Here's hoping things will settle down soon, so I don't end up like my blackened sandwich.

3 comments:

Sly said...

Ouch! Maybe you should broil them like Grandma used to do...

Nikki said...

Or be a liiitle less anal about my cheese placement.

Bealicious said...

i hope your finger and spirits both are healing well.