Monday, March 9, 2009

It's been long week. Or rather, last week was a long week, and this one isn't shaping up to be much better. I'd like to petition that we skip March next year-- it blows. On top of the usual March issues-- show choir competitions taking my husband away from home every weekend, not to mention the frequent evening practices throughout the week-- our household has been hit with the plague. Jay brought it home first-- and, of course, it was THE END OF THE WORLD. He was sick and miserable, and made the rest of us miserable with the neverending whining. Then, Natalie started looking peaked. Her eyes were runny, as was her nose, and she was coughing. My sinuses started filling, and it was all over. Nan stayed home from school on Friday so I could take her to the doctor, where we learned she had a double ear infection, and her eyes were infected, too. Antibiotics and EYE DROPS were in order. (An aside re. the eye drops... I believe the doctor who prescribes the eye drops should have to actually come to our house and put the damned things into the child's eyes herself... it's next to impossible. Like wrestling a greased chinchilla.) I finally gave in the next day and called on grandma to watch the kid while I waited forever at the medcheck so I could get antibiotics at last. Grandma kindly agreed to stay on after I got home so I could catch a quick nap. Today, my mom called telling us not to come over for her birthday dinner, as she's got the flu. Sooo... it was probably incubating when she was here on Saturday... I'm crossing my fingers that we dodge that bullet. Bottom line, I'm sick and tired of being, well, sick and tired. My patience is nearly nonexistant. I shouted at Natalie after she requested a third change of shoes this morning, trying to stave off leaving the house. I'm eagerly awaiting school on Wednesday, and I think she is, too.
We were discussing where various animals live while we drove home from the store today (as we do-- don't you?), and she told me cows and horses live in barns, pig live in "pig mud", dolphins live in the ocean, fish in the water, and zebras live in the country. Hee. That's why I keep her around.

No comments: