Saturday, February 28, 2009

After I talked Natalie out of the flowered bike for Grandpa, we settled on making him a robot. Not sure where she came up with that, but it was the first idea she had that was feasible, and not entirely selfishly motivated. It actually turned out rather well-- I covered a small box (think macaroni and cheese box with more depth-- it's a No-Pudge Brownie box, to be precise) (Also? Can I just quickly profess my deep and abiding love for the No-Pudge Brownies? Okay, parenthetical asides done now) with color-wonder paper, and she went to town with her markers. It's beautiful. I cut some construction paper strips and folded them accordian style for legs and arms, and we attached them with tape. Now, what my father will do with a home-made robot is his problem. I know a three-year-old who would happily take it off his hands.

No comments: