Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hi. It's been a long time. I could blame the holidays. But in truth, I haven't had much to say. I've been kind of adrift of late-- not sure what I want to do with myself, in a lot of ways. However, of late, I have rediscovered a sense of purpose, and I feel compelled to write again. I'm studying again, learning-- truly, I think I'm in my element when I'm studying something new. It makes me happy to gain new knowledge, and to show I've got it down pat. Such a nerd. Natalie and I are in a more regular routine, which makes us both happy.
I'm taking the next six month to complete a course of study that will allow me to find a different job. Things will be a little tight, but I'm lucky to have unemployment to fall back on while I'm studying. My goal is to finish my studies before Jay starts school in the fall, so I can get settled into a new job while he's home to help with the transition.
Natalie turned three on Tuesday. We've celebrated for the last week. It's exhausting. We've had visitors, and parties, and general super-fun-party-time all day, every day, and I'm about to drop. Things will get quiet again by the end of the week-- this week is jam-packed with extracurricular activities, and I'm looking forward to boring old normalcy.
Ah, this is degenerating into disjointed rambling, so I'll stop. I'm trying to get back on the horse, so to speak. Hopefully I'll be more interesting, or at least more coherent, later.

No comments: