Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today I told Natalie that Sunday is Grandpa's birthday. After the usual questions ("What will we eat? Can I have presents?"), I asked her what she thought we should get Grandpa. She thought for a minute, and then answered decisively, "A flowered bicycle." And then she thought for a minute longer, and added, "I think I should get one, too." Silly kid.
We're stuck in a never-ending cycle of sickness. Nothing serious, just irritating. And it's hard to decide when to keep her home from school. She's snotty, she's coughing, but she's not feverish. Sigh. I lay in bed at night and listen to her hack. Poor babe. Poor mom. We're both tired, but we're both eager for her to go to school. School continues to be the best thing we've done, and I'm looking forward to sending her three mornings a week next year. She's thriving under the care of Mrs. P and Mrs. N, and she talks about her friends and the fun she has at school all week long. And, she's finally nailing down her colors and shapes. And, I get to study, grocery shop, and do other errands in peace. Lovely.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Oh, errands in peace. What simple pleasures we take for granted. I hope she feels better soon. :)