Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pardon the dust...

So.  It appears that I have a blog.  It's been awhile.  Um... since last I wrote, I came EVEN CLOSER to my ultimate dream of becoming fully bionic.  I have about twelve screws in my right foot-- my x-ray is AMAZING.  (It's my husband's favorite party trick. He loves to show people the horrifying image that is my own personal foot and see the terror in their eyes.)   My baby is big.  I'm working nearly full time.  These events contribute to my everlasting feeling of being overly busy, but neither comes close to ruining my life as much as the deep vein of serial volunteerism that I discovered when the kid started elementary school.  Holy moly. I'm pretty sure the PTO saw me coming-- a wide-eyed, innocent kindergarten parent, eager to please, hoping to help.  I was chairing three committees the first year, and I was on the board for the following three years.  However.  We've moved, and I've been wrenched from the routine, and I'm able to reassess the situation.  Does this bring me joy anymore?  Nope.  Will I quit? I think I will.  How will I fill my time?  Not sure yet.  This could be part of that.

No comments: