Thursday, March 17, 2011

So today was the big kindergarten roundup... and, honestly, it was kind of a let-down. It was just a bunch of paperwork. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I guess I was expecting more. (Lassos? Horses? The roundup terminology is confusing...) We get to go back in mid-April in the evening, so she can get a look at the classroom and we can get a crack at the teachers. I /did/ manage to grab the PTO materials, and I've been trying to decide how I can be of service there. Nan did a beautiful job, waiting quietly for me to finish the eighteen tons of paperwork. She made a friend over by the pile of My Little Ponies, though (of course) she couldn't tell me her name twenty minutes later. That's her father-- I remember everyone in my third grade class. I'm lucky Jay remembers MY name.

1 comment:

Oldfangled said...

I have no recollection of my own Kindergarten Round-Up, but there is a photo of me in a yellow gingham dress and ponytails standing next to a cut-out/drawing of Mickey Mouse. I'm looking either shy or coy -- it's hard to tell.

Yes. There should be ponies and lassos. I agree.