Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I finished Natalie's outfit tonight. I cut out the star emblem and affixed it to her shirt. It looks awesome. I even cut out a spare, in case she works that one off in the course of trick-or-treating. Her cape is ready, her boots are in place, and she will look like WordGirl. Yay! She's getting excited-- they've been speaking about trick-or-treating at school, and singing spooky songs. She came home singing something about a pirate with a cough (WTF?), and something that ends with her screaming, "BOOOO!" at the top of her lungs. Jay had a half day at school today, so he picked her up from school. She was thrilled. I'm sure her teachers were relieved to see a competent parent pick her up-- this morning, I dropped her off with her shoes on the wrong feet. The shoes were put on the wrong feet BY ME. And she TRIED TO TELL ME THEY WERE WRONG and I blew her off. Sigh. Her teachers laughed, and Mrs. Nestor (whose daughter is in Nan's class) told me her daughter was wearing mis-matched socks this morning. Glad to know I'm not the only incompetent parent. As Jay's on fall break now, he and Nan are visiting the Children's Museum tomorrow. She's super excited to see the dinosaurs-- she says SHE'S a dinosaur, and she's going to go back to the museum to see her dino brothers and sisters. Silly girl.

No comments: