Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nan seems to be feeling better. She's a /little/ fragile, especially when she gets tired, but the sneezing is significantly reduced, and the coughing is better, too. I hate it when she's sick; it makes me feel so helpless. I would much rather be sick myself than watch her suffer. It gives me new perspective on my own mom-- she has had to watch me undergo several surgeries, and suffer in ways small and large on a daily basis. I didn't understand how this hurts her until I had my own baby. I can't imagine her hurting as I do, it makes me teary to think of it. I now have a better understanding as to why my parents have both, at different times, brought me "miracle cures", ranging from shark cartilage (eeewwwww... imagine dumping fishy powder into your morning juice-- GAG) to undiluted persimmon juice. They're both hoping to alleviete some of the pain. My dad suggests different strength building exercises, and my mom comes over and quietly does chores that I find difficult to do when Jay's not around. I used to get impatient with them and their well-meaning offerings, but now I accept them with a smile. Hell, I'll even try them. It makes my parents feel better, and it might make me feel better, too.

No comments: