Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dance class went much better yesterday. We arrived FIFTEEN WHOLE MINUTES early... take a moment, and let that sink in. I. Was. Early. This is something of a miracle, on the scale of the loaves and the fishes. Anyway. We had time to enter the studio (first ones there!), put on her tap shoes and Nan got to run around a bit before class started. She made a friend, and I enjoyed chatting with her friend's mom. (I know!) We were the only ones openly mocking our inept dancers. It's good to know I'm not the only evil toddler parent. (C'mon... 2.5-3 year olds? Dancing? It's FREAKING HILARIOUS. It's like herding cats.) And, to top it off, I wisely started a crockpot meal earlier in the afternoon, so I didn't have to run around like a lunatic to get dinner together. Woot! Pardon me while I sprain something patting myself on the back.
Today we went to library story time-- it was good, overall. Nan was enthralled by the stories, and she loved singing the songs, singing out loud and strong on those she knew. Silly girl.
We're getting into a routine, and I must say I feel relieved. I hate not knowing what's happening from day to day, and that's how it's been for the last month and a half. We're busy, but busy is good for me. Now, if I could just figure out how to live on 3 hours of sleep... don't see that happening.

No comments: